As you all know just before the Christmas period the Missions took part in the Hovis Wholemeal Challenge. Hovis had re-launched its Wholemeal range in a bid to get more people to eat Breakfast which is the most important meal of the day.
So as you all know from reading the first part of this sponsored blog post, the whole family really got behind the Hovis challenge. I got Teenage Mission eating breakfast for the first time in months. I even got to sit down at the breakfast table and ate breakfast for the first time in years which is a challenge in itself.
So the key questions are:
- How you felt at the end of the challenge?
I actually felt amazing after my full week of eating a fulfilling breakfast. I didn’t feel bad about snacking because I really didn’t have to snack in between breakfast lunch like I normally would have. I actually lost 5lb during my week of the Hovis challenge.
- Did we continue eating a wholemeal breakfast?
Well not being a family to give up we can proudly say that Hovis wholemeal is now a part of our family diet. The children not only eat it for breakfast, they have it in their packed lunch boxes as well.
Of those questioned about their breakfast and snacking habits:
- 84% felt they snacked more in week one than in week two of the challenge.
- 55% of people said they would not usually eat bread for breakfast, but 93% of people would consider eating bread for breakfast after taking the challenge.
- 69% of people “agreed” that Hovis Wholemeal prevented them from snacking between breakfast and lunch.
I actually can agree with the survey above as I snacked more in the first week of my normal breakfast routine than I did in the week where we had Hovis Wholemeal in our lives.
I also agree whole heartedly that when I ate white bread for breakfast in the past it made me feel very sluggish and bloated so I would normally try and stay away from bread for breakfast.
Once we started the Hovis Challenge I could feel a difference straight away and it will now always be in our bread cupboard.
So what have the Missions Learnt from their Hovis Challenge and what advice would we give to family and friends:
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and no matter what diet you’re on, Hovis Wholemeal can help you.
- Hovis Wholemeal is rich in fibre which keeps you fuller for longer and could help stop snacking.
- Try swapping your usual breakfast for two slices of Hovis Wholemeal toast, with a range of tasty toppings, to get your day off to the best possible start.
- Log onto www.facebook.com/hovisbakery to join the campaign and sign up to the Hovis Stop Snacking app.
So pop on over to the Hovis facebook page and take the Hovis Challenge, the Missions did and we will never be looking back.
Lots of Love